Sometimes we need to manage our PC’s access to the Internet just in case unwanted communication with potentially malicious parties. Here is the instruction to tell you how to ban programs you don’t want with a firewall in McAfee.
1. Go to “Web and Email Protection—-Firewall” on the main interface.
2. Click “Internet Connections” or “Program Permissions”.
3. Select the program you want to ban from accessing the Internet, and then click the “Edit” button. If you didn’t find the programs you want to ban, click “Add” or “Allow New Application” to browse the programs.
4. Click the arrow located beneath the Access heading and select “Block.”
5. Click “Apply” to save the settings. Now you successfully ban programs with McAfee.
Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager from Microsoft, available as a part of the Microsoft Office suite. Although often used mainly as an email application, it also includes a calendar, task manager, contact manager, note taking, journal, and web browsing. However, once you set it as your default mail client, it will automatically open the new message any time, even it is closed. This would be a little annoyed to users, but how to solve this problem? Here is the instruction.
1. Go to the upper right-hand corner of the screen, click the Windows 8 charms bar and select “Settings.”
2. Click “Control Panel” and select “Programs.”
3. Select Outlook from the list of applications and click “Set Defaults for this Program.” Uncheck all of the boxes in the associations screen and click “Save.”
4. Click “OK” to exit and save the settings.
5. After the successful setting, Outlook will no longer open emails automatically.
Outlook Express was an email and news client included with Internet Explorer versions 4.0 through 6.0. As such, it was also bundled with several versions of Microsoft Windows, from Windows 98 to Windows Server 2003, and was available for Windows 3.x, Windows NT 3.51, Windows 95 and Mac OS 9. It lets you send, receive, manage and search through your email messages, as well as read and post newsgroup content. Here is the instruction to tell you how to change default browser for it.
1. Click the Windows “Start” button and select “Control Panel.”
2. Open the “Default Programs” .
3. Click on “Set your default programs.”
4. Locate your preferred browser in the list of programs, click it and click the “Set this program as default” option on the right-hand side of the window.
5. Click “OK” to confirm the change.