Windows Media Player is a Microsoft program that allows users to listen to music, play videos, and add music to CDs and MP3 devices. After you connect your USB flash drive to the computer, Windows Media Player can automatically recognize it. Here is the instruction to tell you how to import and play files from USB flash drive.
1. Start Windows Media Player.
2. Connect your USB flash drive to your computer. After a few seconds, Windows Media Player will automatically recognize the device and show in “Library” column. It will be identified by the drive letters.
3. Click the arrow to the left of the USB flash drive letter to expand the contents of the drive.
4. Click “Music” button and then Windows Media Player will search the USB flash drive, then the program will display the music files.
Sensitive documents in a folder always need to be protected. There are more and more software we can use to protect files with password. However, all of the encryption program need to be downloaded. Here is an instruction to tell you how to Password-Protect a File by creating a zip file in Windows.
1. Select the folder you want to encrypt with a password. Right-click on the it and select “Send to.” Choose “Compressed folder” from the subsequent menu.
2. You will get a zip file. Right-click on it and select “Explore.”
3. Go to the “File” menu and select “Add a password.”
4. Enter the password you want. Confirm it and click “OK.”
5. Now this folder has been successfully encrypted and you can open it unless enter the right password.
As we all know, there are many folders of importance in windows system cannot be deleted. So most of them are hidden by default. If you want to check the folders or files, you may need to change some settings in windows. Here is the instruction to tell you how o unhide folders in windows.
1. Click the “Start” menu button and go to “Control Panel”.
2. Click “Appearance and Personalization—-Folder Options.”
3. Now you can change your folder options. Click the “View” tab at the top of the window.
4. In “Advanced Settings”, click the button next to “Show hidden files and folders.”
5. Click “Ok” to save your settings.
6. Now you’ve successfully unhide your folders and files in Windows.
XnView is a software to view and convert graphic files, really simple to use. XnView is provided as freeware for private non-commercial or educational use (including non-profit organization). Here is the instruction to tell you how to use it.
1. Download XnView from here:
2. Here are the basic toolbar instruction:
Browser – for organizing and renaming your images.
Open – open your images for digital changes.
Search – Search for a file by its name, size, location, and a sundry of others.
Scan – If you have a scanner or a digital camera you can ‘acquire’ the pictures with this button.
Convert – you can batch convert files
Capture – Do a screen capture for whatever you might need screenshots for.
Quick slide show – Create a quick slide show with a collection of pictures or images.
Options – Make any changes in XnView that you need to do
VirtualBox is a powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use. Users can run multiple instances of different guest operating systems from a single host machine with it. VirtualBox allows for a number of settings to be specified by the BIOS. Here is a instruction to tell you how to change the Virtual Box BIOS.
1. Launch VirtualBox.
2. Select the virtual machine need to be edited, then click the “Settings” button.
3. Click the “System” section. In this section, you could change boot order or CPU settings.
4. Click the “Display” section to enable or disable graphical acceleration and limit the amount of graphics memory.
5. In the “Storage” section, you can edit your hard disk controllers.
6. Click the “Network” section to edit your network adapters, enabling or disabling various features as you would in a host machine’s BIOS.